This is a reminder about a special rate being offered to Simonseeks writers to attend a master class with Wordmonkeys, two highly-respected journalists who run intensive, one-day courses in central London. They are aimed at people who love to travel, want to write, and are keen to understand how to improve their ratings and bump up their revenues on Simonseeks.
The courses are taught by Sophie Campbell and Ian Belcher, who write regularly for national newspapers and magazines, and are experts on the nuts and bolts of travel journalism.
Each course includes:
* Understanding your readers and what will appeal to them
* Explaining exactly what works for the editorial team at Simonseeks.com: what they love, what they hate, what looks good on the web.
* Researching a destination or feature idea
* Taking notes, capturing details and interviewing to bring the story alive
* Writing introductory paragraphs, structuring articles, avoiding clichés
* Making your guides more vivid through use of imagery and video links.
When? December 13
Where? King’s College, 57 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8WA
How Much? £200 (£150 for Simonseeks registrations)
Contact: For bookings & details email email@example.com
• Ian Belcher is an award winning feature writer and editor whose work regularly appears in the Guardian, Observer, Times, Sunday Times and leading men’s magazines. He was a reporter on Radio 1’s travel show and worked for the BBC World Service.
• Sophie Campbell writes a regular heritage travel column for the Daily Telegraph and contributes to The Guardian, Financial Times newspapers and magazines such as Condé Nast Traveller, Vanity Fair and BA High Life. She has presented a series of BBC2’s The Travel Show and lectures regularly on travel writing.
What they say
• “I have come away thinking I will never stop learning - some of the tips you gave us are real gems that I will probably never read in a book”. (D McKay, Edinburgh)
• “What a great day. Brain is leaking. I am absolutely knackered. Thanks a lot for a great course and some great tips”. (J Fellowes, Rochester)
• “Your workshop was really brilliant and you were so generous with your advice and encouragement…it's hard to single anything out - v useful going through the papers to analyse the content, your talks on intros and writing, how to break down an article, your demonstrations of how to pitch. Thanks!” (Penny G, London)