2 Coffee Yard, Stonegate, York, YO1 8AR
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, First-time travellers, Design and architecture, Education, History, Sightseeing
Expert review of Barley Hall
Restored and decorated to recreate the living spaces of high standing York families during the late 15th century; visitors can sit down, make themselves at home, handle the objects and even dress their kids up in period costume. Choose from an either an audio or leaflet guide to explore this recently unearthed treasure in the heart of the medieval city centre. Amongst the impressive timber framed structure are exhibitions dedicated to illness, diseases and their cures as well as fascinating insights into the lives of local residents on Stonegate during the early 20th century.
Adults, £4.95, concessions £3.50, children £3.00 (Under 5’s free), family tickets from £13.50.
Keep your ticket once entry has been paid and you can return as many times as you like during the following 12 months.
Accepts Yorkshire and YAT passes (See the Sights and attractions section on my York insider tips page for more details).
More information on Barley Hall:
- Price guide:
- Architectural site, Historic site, Museum
- 2 Coffee Yard, Stonegate, York, YO1 8AR
- +44 1904 610 275
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- Daily 10am-4pm (summer), 10am-3pm (winter).
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Medieval history, social history, child-friendly