Campo Carità, Dorsoduro 1050, Venice
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Backpackers / Students, Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, First-time travellers, Mature travellers, Art, Design and architecture, Education, History
Best for Culture - Expert review of Accademia Gallery
The Accademia gallery is an immense treasure house of works by all Venice’s greatest artists.
Don’t miss Veronese’s lively 'Christ in the House of Levi', Tintoretto’s beautiful 'Madonna dei Camerlenghi', Giorgione's mysterious 'Tempest' and numerous moving works by the Bellini family.
Once I've had my fill of the better-known masterpieces, I love to indulge in some close study of the great painting cycles of the 15th and 16th centuries. The 'Miracle of the Cross at the Rialto' for example – a collaborative effort by various 15th-century masters – is a wonderful insight into how Venice looked at that time: you can pick out the differences... and the many things which have remained unchanged.
Note that a long-running, slow-moving programme of restoration and extension occasionally closes down some rooms in the gallery.
6.50 euros; 3.25 euros reductions.
More information on Accademia Gallery:
- Price guide:
- Art gallery, Historic site, Museum
- Campo Carità, Dorsoduro 1050, Venice
- 041 5222247
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- 8.15am-2pm Mon. 8.15am-7.15pm Tue-Sun.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Tintoretto, Titian, Bellini, Art, History