Muncaster Castle & Gardens
Muncaster Estate, Ravenglass , Cumbria , CA18 1RQ
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Mature travellers, Great views / scenery, History, Live entertainment, Shopping, Sightseeing
Best for Families - Expert review of Muncaster Castle & Gardens
For local heritage and ghostly goings-on, the sprawling seat of the Pennington family has a eventful history going back to the 13th century.
It's a very family-friendly visit with well-thought-out facilities, 77 acres of grounds to run around, plus a great adventure playground with views across to the castle. My five year old particularly liked the World Owl Centre, where she meet our feathered friends at the daily 4.30pm feeding time.
There's a huge programme of annual events, of which the Festival of Fools in May, Summer of Fun Festival in August and the Halloween Week in October are especially popular.
Winter: gardens, owl centre and maze adult £6.50, child (5-15) £3.50; summer: all attractions adult £13, child £9.
More information on Muncaster Castle & Gardens :
- Price guide:
- Historic site, Park / garden, Zoo / wildlife park / aquarium
- Muncaster Estate, Ravenglass , Cumbria , CA18 1RQ
- 01229 717 614
- Months open:
- Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Opening times:
- Winter: gardens, owl centre and maze open daily 11am-4pm; castle Sun in December 1-3pm. Summer: March to October gardens, owl centre and maze open daily 10.30am-6pm; castle Sun-Fri noon-4.30pm.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Festival of Fools