Near Sawrey, Near Sawrey, Cumbria , LA22 0LF
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Culture vultures, Families with younger children, First-time travellers, Mature travellers, Education, Great views / scenery, History, Sightseeing
Expert review of Hill Top
Potter's famous cottage, located in a rural hamlet just south of Hawkshead, is a Mecca for fans of her enduring stories. This places gets very busy and a timed-ticket system applies in high season.
The cottage remains relatively untouched since her death in 1943, after which she left her not-unsubstantial range of properties to the National Trust. And its easy to see from the views of the surrounding fells how the scenery inspired her work.
The flower-filled garden has a children's trail and offers some welcome respite from the queues.
General admission is £7, child £3.50.
Access to the garden and shop is free during opening hours.
More information on Hill Top:
- Price guide:
- Historic site, Landmark / monument, Tour
- Near Sawrey, Near Sawrey, Cumbria , LA22 0LF
- +44 1539 436269
- Months open:
- Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Opening times:
- House open mid-February to March: Sat-Thurs 10.30am-3.30pm; April to May and September to October: Sat-Thurs 10.30am-4.30pm; May to September: Sat-Thurs 10am-5pm. Garden and shop open daily Mid-February to April and October to December: 10am-4pm; April to May and September to October: 10am-5pm; May to September: 9.45am-5.30pm.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Beatrix Potter