Beatrix Potter Gallery
Main Street, Hawkshead, Cumbria, LA22 0NS
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Mature travellers, Education, History, Sightseeing
Expert review of Beatrix Potter Gallery
This tiny, low-ceilinged cottage from the 17th century is home to a fine collection of Potter's watercolours and sketchbooks, featuring early sketches of her best-loved characters.
The downstairs exhibition id dedicated to Potter's husband, William Heelis, who worked as a solicitor in Hawkshead during the mid 19th century.
General admission is £4.60; children £2.30.
More information on Beatrix Potter Gallery:
- Price guide:
- Art gallery, Historic site
- Main Street, Hawkshead, Cumbria, LA22 0NS
- +44 15394 36355
- Months open:
- Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Opening times:
- Mid-February to March: Sat-Thurs 11am-3.30pm; April to May and September to October: Sat-Thurs 11am-5pm; May to September: Sat-Thurs 10.30am-5pm.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Beatrix Potter