Bonnington House, Kirknewton, Edinburgh, EH27
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Mature travellers, Seasoned travellers, Art, Design and architecture, Education, Escaping the crowds, Nature / wildlife
Expert review of Jupiter Artland
I love this place. Just four miles from Edinburgh, Jupiter Artland is quite a magical place. Acres of grounds are the backdrop for some stunning sculptures. The garden itself was designed by Charles Jencks so everywhere you look you will see something to enjoy.
In addition to the art is a collection of animals such as alpacas, miniature donkeys and other friendly-looking creatures.
The food they serve in the café is excellent and if it's sunny you can sit out and peruse the rather luxurious surroundings as you chow down.
I would recommend a guided tour as the best way to see the installations here. The stories behind the pieces are fascinating, and it's great for escaping the rigours of the city for a few hours.
Check the website to see if there are any events on when you are due to visit. They have poetry nights, hands-on workshops - with artists who come from all over the country to take part - and midnight picnics.
Adult £8.25; children (Under threes get in free) £4; concessions £4.50. A guided tour costs £5, plus admission.
More information on Jupiter Artland:
- Price guide:
- Art gallery, Park / garden, Zoo / wildlife park / aquarium
- Bonnington House, Kirknewton, Edinburgh, EH27
- 01506 889900
- Months open:
- May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Opening times:
- See website for summer opening times.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Sculpture, Charles Jenks, garden design