High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2ND
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, First-time travellers, Seasoned travellers, Education, Great views / scenery, People watching
Best for Families - Expert review of Camera Obscura
Camera Obscura itself is a fascinating reflective mirror built 150 years ago. Situated high up in a Victorian dome, you will get a demonstration of how it works as you focus on the unsuspecting public meandering past five floors below. The title Camera Obscura is quite misleading however, as there are four floors packed with great hands-on fun and fascinating optical illusions, puzzles, holograms and trick mirrors, which will keep every member of the family amused for a good few hours. Some parts are like an old fashioned fun-house and other parts have exhibits and let you play with state of the art trickery and illusion.
This is a must at the best of times and a God-send if the heavens open.
An adult ticket costs £9.95 Adult, £7.95 concession, £6.95 for children 5-15 and under-fives get in free.
More information on Camera Obscura:
- Price guide:
- Landmark / monument, Science / technology, Viewpoint
- High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2ND
- 0131 226 3709
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- Roughly 9.30am-6pm every day, though changes according to season. See website for details. Closed Christmas Day.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- kids, hands-on, fun, inside