The Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle
Dame Street, Dublin Castle, Dublin , 2
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Business travellers, Culture vultures, Honeymooners, Mature travellers, Singles, Art, Design and architecture, Education, History, Romance
Expert review of The Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle
The Chester Beatty Library exhibits artistic treasures of the cultures and religions of Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Europe. It's arguably Dublin's best museum and one to share with someone special. Gaze in awe at Egyptian papyrus texts, illuminated copies of the Qur'an, the Bible and European renaissance manuscripts from about 2700 BC to the present day. Awesome. The Silk Road Café in the Library is delicious for a snack or meal.
The Chester Beatty Library was awarded European Museum of the Year in 2002 and is located in Dublin Castle, a 13th century Viking fortress, formerly a prison, treasury and courts of law. Take a tour through Dublin Castle for only 5euros, then trot across Dame Street to explore the cobbled streets of Temple Bar.
Chester Beatty Library is free while Dublin Castle tours cost 5euros.
More information on The Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle:
- Price guide:
- Historic site, Landmark / monument, Museum
- Dame Street, Dublin Castle, Dublin , 2
- 01 677 2397
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- May-Sept, Mon-Fri 10am-5pm; Oct-Apr, Tue-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 11am-5pm(all year); Sun 1pm-5pm (all year); closed Jan 1, Good Friday, Dec 24-26, and Monday public holidays.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Exhibitions, Library, Religion