Isla de Cabrera
n/a, Colònia De Sant Jordi
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Singles, Sporty types, Chilling out, Escaping the crowds, Great views / scenery, Nature / wildlife
Best for Escapists - Expert review of Isla de Cabrera
It is a short (and choppy) boat ride from Colònia de Sant Jordi on the South Coast, or from Porto Petro on the East, but so worth it for wildlife lovers. It’s one of the best nature reserves in the Mediterranean boasting a host of curious creatures including 80 different species of lizard, giant sea birds, and yes, some of the most pristine beaches anywhere. For me the highlight is swimming in unnaturally blue water at Sa Cova Blava (the blue cave).
Getting to and from the island is most easily done through one of the tour operators who will also provide you with the necessary visitors permit. www.excursionsacabrera.es trips start at 33 euros return, going up to 43 euros in high season by speedboat.
More information on Isla de Cabrera:
- Price guide:
- Beach, Island, National park / nature reserve
- n/a, Colònia De Sant Jordi
- Months open:
- Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Opening times:
- Trips run daily March – October, leaving at 10am returning at 5pm.