Holker Hall & Gardens
Holker Estate , Cark-in-cartmel, Cumbria , LA11 7PL
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Culture vultures, Families with younger children, Foodies, Mature travellers, Great views / scenery, History, Sightseeing
Expert review of Holker Hall & Gardens
The regal abode of Lord and Lady Cavendish is a big family day out.
The tour of the house is a non-stuffy trip back in time to see how a landed-gentry family lived. A visit to the 10-hecatre grounds apeals to those with with horticultural leanings, showcasing the myriad of colours from the rose gardens and rhododendrons.
There's an adventure playground for children up to 12 years and a cute kids' play area for the little ones.
Hall and gardens: adult £11.50; children (6-15) £6; under six free.
More information on Holker Hall & Gardens:
- Price guide:
- Historic site, Park / garden, Tour
- Holker Estate , Cark-in-cartmel, Cumbria , LA11 7PL
- 01539 558328
- Months open:
- Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Opening times:
- Main season opening March to October: Sun-Fri house 11am-4pm, gardens 10.30am-5.30pm; pre-season previews in February.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Stately home