Llandaff Ghost Walk
Cathedral Close, Llandaff, Cardiff, CF5 2
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Mature travellers, Art, Design and architecture, Education, History, Sightseeing
Best for History - Expert review of Llandaff Ghost Walk
Jim Cowan’s ghost walks have been one of city’s most discussed attractions of late. So much so, the one-time civil servant has been able to develop his passion and knowledge of Cardiff into a full time career concern. It’s not hard to see why; his oratory and guide skills captivate you from the moment you meet at the 800 year old stone cross outside the cathedral. The meeting point sets the tone for the entire trip; the oldest evidence of Llandaff’s murky roots, his walk is peppered with detailed anecdotes of Cardiff’s fascinatingly rich history.
A torch-lit trek through time and dark shadowy fields, Jim shares secrets and stories only a dedicated historian can. Each one combines factual evidence, urban myths and tales of repeated sightings and sensations: Learn of the curse of Llandaff, get spooked by the many white or grey ladies and strange and wonder at the legends of the playful orbs that have been ‘spotted’ as recently as last year.
More of a history tour than a ghost hunt, Jim defies the current séance-like celebration of spirits and tips a nod to tradition by telling tales the same way folk would way back when they originally occurred.
Advanced bookings cost £4 or pay £5 on the night.
More information on Llandaff Ghost Walk:
- Price guide:
- Castle / palace, Historic site, Tour
- Cathedral Close, Llandaff, Cardiff, CF5 2
- +44 7538 878 609
- Months open:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Opening times:
- Walks take place at twilight on Thu, Fri and Sat. The times change depending on time of year, check the website before your visit.