Malta at War Museum
Couvre Port, Birgu / Vittoriosa
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, First-time travellers, Seasoned travellers, Education, History, Sightseeing
Expert review of Malta at War Museum
This is not really a museum in the usual sense; it is a large underground shelter that accommodated hundreds of people during the worst Second World War bombings of Malta (which was, until 1944, the most bombed place in Europe). Descend into the seemingly endless corridors, cut from solid rock, to visit the makeshift living quarters, hospital area and tiled birth room. The guides - in British military uniform and speaking English - are excellent and full of information and anecdotes to interest all the family.
Adults cost 8 euros, students/seniors are 7 euros, and children under 16 are 6 euros. A family ticket (2 adults, 3 children) is available for 22 euros.
More information on Malta at War Museum:
- Price guide:
- Historic site, Museum, Tour
- Couvre Port, Birgu / Vittoriosa
- 21 225 277 / 21 896 617
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- Tours on the hour between 10am-5pm daily.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Second World War, bombing, bomb shelter