Poseidonos Avenue, Vouliagmeni, Athens, 16771
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Families with teenagers, Mature travellers, Seasoned travellers, Sporty types, Chilling out, Great views / scenery, Nature / wildlife
Best for Fun - Expert review of Vouliagmeni Lake
Beaches line the southern coastal suburbs of Athens. They’re packed in summer, but a few hardy Athenians swim in the sea all year round. Personally, I’m much too chicken. But I have been known to brave the mineral waters of Lake Vouliagmeni – even in midwinter. Part seawater and part spring-water, the lake has a constant temperature of between 21 and 27 degrees. It’s also alleged to have therapeutic qualities. This makes it very popular with elderly locals, whose colourful bathing caps bob on the water. Sheltered by cliffs and just 50 metres from the sea, it’s a lovely setting. Note to the squeamish: the lake is populated with lots of tiny black fish, who like to nibble your toes.
€8. €5 for children aged 5-12. Children under 4 go free.
More information on Vouliagmeni Lake:
- Price guide:
- Natural wonder, Swimming pool
- Poseidonos Avenue, Vouliagmeni, Athens, 16771
- +30 210 896 2237
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- 7.30am-7.30pm in summer, 8am-5pm in winter.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Mineral spa, swimming, family-friendly