254 Peireos Street, Tavros, Athens, 17778
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Education, History
Best for Families - Expert review of Hellenic Cosmos
Kids love this high-tech museum where ancient history, science and culture come to life through multimedia games. At the Tholos (Dome), the virtual reality theatre, you can watch the Ancient Agora of Athens built from scratch. Test your brain-power in the interactive mathematics exhibition. Or take a trip to ancient Olympia and Miletus in the Kivotos, a virtual 3D time machine. The only drawback is that it's pricy and can be overrun with school parties. And it's in a rather awkward location about 30 minutes from the city centre.
A €16 ticket gives you access to everything. Or you can buy separate tickets for Tholos: €10, children €8; Exhibition: €6, children €4; Kivotos €5, children €3.
More information on Hellenic Cosmos:
- Price guide:
- Museum, Science / technology
- 254 Peireos Street, Tavros, Athens, 17778
- +30 212 254 0000
- Months open:
- All year round
- Opening times:
- Complicated and variable, so do check first. Currently open: Oct-May: Mon, Tues, Thurs 9am-2pm, Wed, Fri 9am-8pm, Sat 11am-4pm, Sun 10am -4pm. June-Sept: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, Sun 10am-3pm, closed Sat.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Virtual reality, Educational, High-tech exhibits