Rydal Road, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9BS
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Culture vultures, Mature travellers, Seasoned travellers, Shopping, Sightseeing
Expert review of Bridge House
Ambleside's most famous historical site is also its smallest.
Clinging precariously to the bridge over Stock Ghyll, the house was originally built as an apple store by the Braithwaites of Ambleside Hall in 1723.
Today the tiny building is now owned by the National Trust and houses their shop and information centre in Ambleside.
More information on Bridge House:
- Price guide:
- Historic site
- Rydal Road, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9BS
- +44 01539 432582
- Months open:
- Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
- Opening times:
- Open daily 10am-5pm.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- National Trust