Europe Street, Victoria, Gozo, VCT 2735
- Recommended for:
- Business travellers, Couples, Families with teenagers, Foodies, Mature travellers, Design and architecture, Nightlife, Relaxation, Special occasions, Trendiness
Expert review of Patrick's Tmun
Offering contemporary European cuisine in an equally contemporary setting, this city restaurant is a personal project of its owner, Patrick Buttigieg, who comes from a family of restaurateurs.
Excellent innovative European dishes and a thick wine list with details of some 200 wines (specialising in Shiraz) have brought It-Tmun Victoria top awards from Malta’s Definitive(ly) Good Guide to Restaurants for both food and wine.
It's designer contemporary but relaxed and friendly. The bar area is red in hue and low lit, while the restaurant is lighter in beiges and blues decorated with wine posters. Doors open onto a small terrace on the pavement outside when it is neither too cold nor too hot.
Patrick is usually here and great to chat with about the food, and especially about wine to go with it. The wine list is very much his baby.
It's a city location, on the street, just outside the centre of Victoria.
Starters cost around 8 euros, and mains around 15-20 euros.
Patrick’s father who ran the original It-Tmun in Xlendi for many years (now closed), has recently opened It-Tmun Mgarr, in Gozo’s port: it is much more traditional than Patrick’s It-Tmun and specialises in seafood.
More information on Patrick's Tmun:
- Price guide:
- Bar, Restaurant, Wine bar
- Fusion, International, Mediterranean, Modern
- Europe Street, Victoria, Gozo, VCT 2735
- 21 566 667
- Opening times:
- Fri-Wed 6.30-10.30pm, Sun noon-2.30pm (during winter only). Closed Thursdays.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Always essential