The Ballroom Cafe at the Gladstone
1214 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M6J 1J6
- Recommended for:
- Backpackers / Students, Couples, Culture vultures, First-time travellers, Singles, Art, Design and architecture, People watching, Trendiness
Expert review of The Ballroom Cafe at the Gladstone
Hearty breakfasts, organic and local lunches and dinners, coffees and pastries are served with a smile in the bright, airy Ballroom Café.
It's a great spot for breakfast and lunch - laid back, friendly, unhurried. I usually sidle in for a leisurely working lunch of late weekene brunch. It's a good option for brunching or lunching solo or with a couple of friends. It's one of the better options for vegetarian and vegan meals — and my top choice for gluten-free breakfast or lunch in the city. They almost always have gluten-free bread for sandwiches.
For lunch or dinner, I vote for the piri piri chicken — it's a vast portion. For breakfast it has to be the tasty scramble.
Lofty, airy, cool. Hip staff and an interesting clientele.
The hip staff are friendly and down to earth.
A tad out of the way if you're staying downtown. Perfect if you're planning on an afternoon of West Queen West gallery hopping, are staying at the Gladstone or the adjacent Drake or are planning a night out on the Ossington strip.
Breakfast and lunch are a great deal - budget prices, big portions. Dinner pushes prices up a bit.
More information on The Ballroom Cafe at the Gladstone:
- Price guide:
- Bar, Café, Restaurant
- American, Asian, Burgers, Fusion, Vegetarian
- 1214 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M6J 1J6
- +1 416 531 4635 ext 7130
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Opening times:
- Mon-Fri 7am-10:45am (breakfast), 11am-4pm (lunch), 5pm-10pm (dinner). Sat-Sun 8am-4pm (brunch), 5pm-10pm (dinner). Open daily in between meals for coffee and pastries.
- Accepts Credit Cards: