194-5 Main Street, St Julian's, SLM 05
- Recommended for:
- Backpackers / Students, Couples, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Singles, Chilling out, Great views / scenery, Nightlife, No fuss, Relaxation
Expert review of Piccolo Padre
When I first descended the stairs into this warm, welcoming pizzeria, I thought I was heading into a cellar. To my surprise and delight, I emerged into a bright restaurant on the water’s edge with large windows and an outside terrace overlooking the bay. A very pleasant inexpensive place to eat for all the family.
There are thin-crust Italian pizzas – made before your eyes as you enter and leave - and a good range of pasta dishes (including some interesting seafood ones), as well as homemade burgers and grills and a few seafood main courses.
It's bright and cheerful inside, a place that makes you feel immediately comfortable – with a terrace right over the water.
The staff are friendly and efficient.
Right on the water's edge in St Julian’s, Piccolo Padre takes up the bottom floor of an old villa whose upper floor houses the pizzeria’s upmarket sister restaurant, Barracuda. There are wonderful views over Spinola Bay and Balluta Bay.
Pizzas cost from 6.50 euros, and pasta dishes from 8-9 euros.
Experience the terrace edge in summer or the sea-view window tables.
More information on Piccolo Padre:
- Price guide:
- Pizzeria, Restaurant, Takeaway
- Burgers, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Vegetarian
- 194-5 Main Street, St Julian's, SLM 05
- 21 344 875
- Opening times:
- Mon-Fri 6.30-10.30pm, Sat-Sun 6.30-11.30pm. Plus Sun noon-3.30pm in winter.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Essential at peak times