80 Spring Street, Soho, New York City, New York
- Recommended for:
- Business travellers, Couples, Singles, Celebrity spotting, People watching, Special occasions
Expert review of Balthazar
This gorgeous restaurant is my unofficial office when I am back in New York. It's the perfect spot for a catch-up breakfast, a business lunch, or a romantic late night dinner.
I particularly love breakfast here (I order the straightforward soft boiled eggs with soldiers or the sour cream hazelnut waffles), but the whole day’s menus are great with a full raw bar and bistro classics like steak frites.
A rollicking jolly atmosphere that attracts loyal fans like me, out of towners, and the occasional celeb doing an interview.
Warm and friendly.
Right off Broadway on Spring Street, it’s the perfect launch pad for the neighborhood’s excellent shopping.
Typical New York prices for this caliber of food, like US$14 for the waffles and US$34 for the steak frites.
One of Balthazar’s only drawbacks is they have tried to put too many tables in the space. The only way to avoid feeling cramped is to snag a banquette, so reserve well in advance.
More information on Balthazar:
- Price guide:
- Bar, Brasserie, Restaurant
- 80 Spring Street, Soho, New York City, New York
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Opening times:
- Mon-Thu 7.30am-midnight, Fri 7.30am-1am, Sat 8am-4pm, 5.45pm-1am, Sun 8am-4pm, 5.30pm-midnight.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Essential at peak times