El Montañeta, Los Realejos, S/C de Tenerife, 38419
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Families with younger children, First-time travellers, Honeymooners, Stag / hen parties, Design and architecture, Escaping the crowds, Great views / scenery, Nature / wildlife, Romance
Expert review of El Monasterio
This is a cornocopia of restaurants, cafes, shop, gardens and wildlife set in 100,000 sq mtrs on top of a volcanic cone on the edge of Puerto. It's where I go for a champagne breakfast on birthdays and anniversaries.
Seven restaurants cover a spectrum from fondue to gourmet dining. Menus are international and Canarian/Spanish. An impressive wine cellar has wines from across the Canaries and mainland Spain.
In the main restaurant try the tapas; the fried camembert is particularly good and they have a great selection of jamon Serrano. In Bodega de San Pedro try the rabbit stew and in El Mirador they do a fabulous champagne breakfast for less then 10 euros.
It's friendly and fun with loads to see - a real favourite with families for the ponies, ducks and geese - to see them that is, not to eat them...
It's friendly, informal and efficient.
On top of a volcanic cone on the outskirts of Puerto, it's right on the border of neighbouring Los Realejos. It has incredible views across the La Orotava Valley to Puerto.
Prices vary hugely from restaurant to restaurant but average around 15 euros for a starter and main.
More information on El Monasterio:
- Price guide:
- Café, Restaurant, Wine bar
- Spanish, Tapas, Traditional
- El Montañeta, Los Realejos, S/C de Tenerife, 38419
- 922 34 07 07
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner
- Opening times:
- Daily 9am-midnight.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Not necessary