Tic Toc Café
53 Meeting House Lane, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1HB
- Recommended for:
- Backpackers / Students, Couples, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Singles, Art, Chilling out, Shopping, Sightseeing, Trendiness
Best for Trendiness - Expert review of Tic Toc Café
Tic Toc is a café with a great sense of humour. If you’re staying at Snooze in Kemptown, you’ll definitely recognise the style - it was designed by the same people, and is crammed with retro oddments.
Tic Toc is rightly famous for its gorgeous hot chocolate and excellent fair trade coffee. Other treats include tasty sandwiches, cakes and homemade soup.
The décor is designed to make you smile. The seating is a jumble of 1960s stools and church pews, there’s a niche decorated in genuine 1970s wallpaper and the door frames are painted the same colour as Brighton’s seafront railings. There’s also a plethora of clocks, cogs and wind-up toys dotted around.
Friendly and personal; it’s run by the owner, who is half Dutch.
It's in the historic, quirky Lanes.
A drink and something to munch start at around £5.
More information on Tic Toc Café:
- Price guide:
- Café, Coffee shop, Tearoom
- British, Dutch, International, Modern
- 53 Meeting House Lane, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1HB
- 01273 770115
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea
- Opening times:
- Mon-Fri 8.30am-6pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Not possible