1D St James’s Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1RE
- Recommended for:
- Backpackers / Students, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Mature travellers, Singles, Chilling out, No fuss, Relaxation, Shopping, Sightseeing
Expert review of Redroaster
Fiercely independent and quietly brilliant, Redroaster is a relaxed neighbourhood hangout that’s run by people who know coffee inside out - their head roaster was recently named the UK’s champion coffee taster by the Specialist Coffee Association of Europe.
The coffee is definitely the star of the show - it’s carefully sourced by the caffeine-loving owners and blended, roasted and ground on the premises. They also serve yummy hot chocolate, sandwiches, salads, pastries and other tempting nibbles.
Redroaster attracts a varied crowd - friends of all ages drop in for a chat, families stop by on shopping trips and singles settle in to read the papers or tap away at their laptops. The high ceiling and traditional, dark wood café tables and chairs lend a continental feel and there’s often some challenging art or photography on display.
You’re served at the counter; it’s speedy, even when they’re busy.
Coffee and a treat costs under £5.
More information on Redroaster:
- Price guide:
- Café, Coffee shop, Tearoom
- International, Modern, Snacks
- 1D St James’s Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1RE
- 01273 686668
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea
- Opening times:
- Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 8am-7pm, Sun 9am-6.30pm.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Not possible