105 Southover Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 9UA
- Recommended for:
- Backpackers / Students, Couples, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Stag / hen parties, Live entertainment, Nightlife, No fuss
Expert review of The Greys
As well as being a cosy spot for a pint, this pub serves great evening meals and a cracking Sunday lunch. It’s not in the centre, but it’s well worth hunting down.
Roz Batty, the current chef, has previously worked at Claridge’s in London and Due South in Brighton; at The Greys, she’s on a mission to ensure that everything on the menu is made from scratch using fresh, ethically sourced ingredients - right down to the mint for the sauce that’s served with the roast leg of lamb on Sundays. Popular dishes include fried fillet of bream and a scrumptious nut roast. As well as Harvey’s bitter, the bar serves a great range of Belgian beers.
Plain on the outside and semi-rustic on the inside, it’s an unpretentious kind of place. On Monday evenings, when the kitchen is closed, it hosts live music and quizzes.
It's friendly and accommodating.
It's off the tourist trail in Hanover, a residential district on a hill north east of central Brighton.
Main courses cost a reasonable £10-£15, starters and desserts are £2-£6.
More information on The Greys:
- Price guide:
- British, Modern, Snacks, Traditional, Vegetarian
- 105 Southover Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 9UA
- 01273 680734
- Lunch, Dinner
- Opening times:
- Mon-Wed 4-11pm, Thu 4-11.30pm, Fri 4pm-12.30am, Sat noon-12.30am, Sun noon-11pm.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Not necessary
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Local ingredients, organic, Ethical