3 Stirling Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN3 3YU
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Singles, Stag / hen parties, Chilling out, Escaping the crowds, No fuss
Expert review of The Foragers
More and more Brighton eating places are building their menus around local ingredients, but few are embracing the concept quite as passionately as The Foragers. The chefs at this excellent gastro-pub supplement their carefully selected supplies of organic, Sussex and Kent meat, fish and vegetables with seasonal herbs and salad leaves picked in the wild.
The menu changes regularly and has a truly seasonal feel. It generally includes posh sandwiches, soup made with woodland ingredients and modest portions of excellent smoked, braised, roasted or baked meat and fish with imaginative selections of vegetables. The bar serves Harvey’s bitter, organic wine and premium spirits.
This rather plain-looking Victorian pub has been given a gentle makeover: the sign features arty green sprigs, the interior is simple and uncluttered and there’s a deck to one side that’s popular with families.
It's warm and hospitable.
It's in a residential area of Hove, well off the tourist trail.
It’s a little pricier than most Brighton pubs, but worth it. Light lunches are £3-10, main courses including traditional Sunday roasts are £10-14.
More information on The Foragers:
- Price guide:
- Pub, Restaurant
- British, Modern, Seafood, Traditional, Vegetarian
- 3 Stirling Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN3 3YU
- 01273 733134
- Lunch, Dinner
- Opening times:
- Drinks served daily noon-midnight; food served Mon-Fri noon-3pm, 6-10pm, Sat noon-4pm, 6-10pm, Sun noon-4pm.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Not necessary
- Free tags / Keywords:
- organic, Ethical, Local ingredients