Finca Es Serral
Ctra. Cala Torta Km 5, Artà, Majorca
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, Foodies, Mature travellers, Chilling out, Escaping the crowds, Great views / scenery, Nature / wildlife, Relaxation
Best for Outdoor dining - Expert review of Finca Es Serral
This is my fantasy restaurant. I was turned onto it by the folk at my local wine merchant in Barcelona who have been eating here for years, and I’ve been a regular visitor ever since. It’s a proper farmhouse restaurant run by a delightful couple, Sebastián and Margarita, who grow or rear all the food they put on your plate.
Expect lots of hearty and unusual country dishes like their house salad drizzled with homemade yogurt vinaigrette, slow-roast goat kid, roast loin of pork with hazelnut sauce, salt cod baked with sobrassada sausage and honey, and a sticky carob cake with ice-cream.
This is a truly special spot with tables beneath the trees, rambling gardens and wide-open countryside all around. The dining room inside is arranged around the old kitchen and is equally charming.
Sebastián and Margarita do everything themselves so really it’s more like eating at somebody’s home than in a restaurant.
On the road to the lovely Cala Torta, about 5kms outside of Artà on the north-east corner of the island.
Three courses with wine costs 30-35 euros and includes taxes.
More information on Finca Es Serral:
- Price guide:
- Catalan, Mediterranean, Spanish, Traditional
- Ctra. Cala Torta Km 5, Artà, Majorca
- 971 835 336
- Opening times:
- Tue-Sun 7pm-10.30pm. Lunch can be arranged with 2-3 days advance notice, minimum 10 people. Closed Mondays and 1 November - end February.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Always essential
- Free tags / Keywords:
- organic, Home produce, Farm