Compston Road, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9DJ
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Culture vultures, Families with teenagers, Families with younger children, First-time travellers, Chilling out, Live entertainment, Nightlife, People watching
Best for Families - Expert review of Zeffirellis
Everyone loves Zeff’s for its winning combination of Mediterranean-inspired food, accompanied by a film screening or live jazz-world music.
The upstairs bar is buzzing at weekends.
By day the café has snacks and pizzas, by night think Italian and Mediterranean mains with lots of pasta, pizza and anti-pasti.
The food isn’t gourmet but hearty and accompanying live events are mainly free.
Informal eatery meets jazz bar meets arthouse cinema. Cool.
Relaxed, friendly, efficient so you don’t miss the opening credits.
At the heart of Ambleside, one block over from the tourist office.
The Movie Deal costs £17.95 with dinner at Zeffirellis, and £19.95 at Fellinis for two courses (drinks not included).
The Pizza and Film Deal, a pizza and a reserved cinema seat, costs £12 and for under 12s £9.
Vegetarians should make a beeline for the nearby sister property, Feliinis, for vegetarian-only food.
More information on Zeffirellis:
- Price guide:
- Bar, Pizzeria, Restaurant
- Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Vegetarian
- Compston Road, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9DJ
- +44 1539 433845
- Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner
- Opening times:
- Café daily 10am-5pm; restaurant 5-11pm.
- Accepts Credit Cards:
- Always essential
- Free tags / Keywords: