Keep up to date with the most current News, Travel Tips & Developments from Simonseeks with the new Blog.
Top earning guides and advice
Last week we announced that the first earnings have been paid to writers. If you haven’t read about it already, find out more here.
We also promised we’d be showcasing a selection of the top earning guides and offering advice on how to make your guide one of the highest earners.
We’ve analysed 20 top earning guides on Simonseeks and compiled a few short tips to help you earn more:
* The guides making the most money feature plenty of thorough, detailed hotel recommendations that list prices, reasons for staying there, and top tips, such as where the best rooms are in the hotel. For examples, see:
* Useful, practical information is packed into the guides that are doing well. Authoritative recommendations for restaurants, bars, activities and attractions are backed up with contact details. Have a look at these two examples:
* European city guides do particularly well when it comes to earning money. With an overwhelming choice of hotels and restaurants on offer in big cities, readers are appreciating the kind of advice being given by our top earning writers. Guides to London, Barcelona, Paris and Venice are proving to be valuable to Simonseeks users:
* Everybody loves a bargain and budget-themed guides are earning money for Simonseeks writers. See:
* Sometimes a city is too big for a general destination guide; this is where themed guides come in useful. For an example, see:
Themed guides also work by holiday type, such as:
* We’ve said it before but a picture really does paint a thousand words. Our top earning guides featured plenty of photographs to inspire readers. For guides with a decent selection of pictures, see below. We also found that writers with complete profiles and a nice, close-up profile photograph did well. Perhaps readers trust the voices of the people they can see?
* You don’t have to be a travel writing professional to earn money through Simonseeks. Many of our top earners are travel enthusiasts who are using their passion and knowledge to create great travel guides.
We want all users of Simonseeks to enjoy a completely open and transparent experience and we hope this helps you understand more about guide earnings.
For further advice read our travel writing tips and a recent blog about optimising your travel guides. Optimisation will increase the chances of a high ranking on internet search engines. This will help to increase the amount of people looking at your guide.
As always, we’d be delighted to hear what you think. Please leave a comment below.